Prospective customers have to visit the web page of the Kotak Mahindra Bank and select the credit card section in the home page and check the list of credit cards offered by the bank and zero in on the best credit card that suits their needs and requirements.
After choosing the credit card, the customer has to click on the ‘Apply Now’ option which takes them to the new web page wherein they have to validate if they are an existing Kotak customer.
If you are an existing customer of Kotak Mahindra Bank then you will be asked to enter CRN/Customer ID and Mobile Number to proceed further. If you are not an existing Kotak Mahindra Bank customer then you will be asked to fill in the following list of details as under:
- First Name
- Email ID
- Mobile No
- Date of Birth
- Employment Details
- Residence City
- Residence Pin code
- Net Income Per Month
After filling in all the above-mentioned details, the customer has to click on Proceed button, a one-time password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number which has to be typed in the given the given space to confirm the mobile number. On receiving the request from the customers, the Kotak Mahindra Bank executives will give a call to the customer and will ask them to submit the required documents. Upon the receipt of the required documents and the scrutiny of the same, the customer may or may not get the desired credit card from the Kotak Mahindra Bank. It is solely at the discretion of the Kotak Mahindra Bank to issue a credit card to a customer.
Eligibility Criteria to apply for Kotak Mahindra Bank’s Credit Card
To apply for a Kotak Mahindra Credit Card, one has to fulfill the following criteria:
- Should be Resident of India.
- The primary cardholder should be aged between 21 years and 65 years.
- Add-on cardholder should be 18 years and above.
- The applicant should be located in one of the following region Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi (including Gurgaon and Noida), Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Hyderabad, and Pune.
- Income requirements of the cardholder differ from one credit card to another.
Documents Required for Kotak Mahindra Bank’s Credit Card
The following mentioned documents are required
- PAN Card Photocopy
- Form 60
- Recent Color photograph
Proof of Income
- Latest Payslip
- Form 16
- Income Tax Return copy
Residential Address Proof
- Ration Card
- Electricity Bill
- Landline telephone bill
Identity Proof (Any one of the following)
- Election Voters ID Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
What are the Methods of Payment for Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Cards?
The cardholder can make payments for the credit card in any of the following listed methods.
- Pay through standing instructions (Auto Debit): If the cardholder has savings bank account in Kotak Mahindra Bank, then they can pay directly through the savings account by giving standing instructions in writing to debit the payment of credit card on a monthly basis on the payment due date. In case of a Kotak NRI Credit Cardholder, it is mandatory to give auto debit instructions for the payment of the minimum amount due.
- Pay through online: Cardholder can make payments through online mode if they have savings account of the Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- Pay by cash at Branches: Cardholder can pay the bill by depositing cash at specified locations during banking hours.
- Pay through demand drafts of the cheque: Cardholders can pay through demand drafts or cheques drawn in favor of ‘Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card followed by the credit card number and can drop the same at the ATM’s or at partner drop boxes. • Pay through other bank savings account via online: The cardholders can pay the credit card dues through online mode from their respective savings account from other bank accounts as well.